Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What Time is It?

I had an enjoyable evening. First off, I had a test in my damn-ass physics class. As I told my friend, I like to call physics "p-hys." It just sounds a little cooler. I have no idea how the test went, I could have passed or failed. No idea. That probably means I didn't get an A. One rarely gets an A when one thinks one may have failed. Rarely, but not never. Maybe this is just a rare day.

It actually was a rare day because around 8:30 I met up with a friend at a coffee shop where we drank a little coffee, but more interestingly we smoked his hookah. It was quite a pleasant experience. He mixed pinapple and jasmine shisha which is what the tobacco is called. There are a couple of things that I really liked about it. One was the ritual. Unlike smoking a cigarette, there is a large apparatus that must be prepared before one smokes so the experience is heightened by said preparation. The second big thing that I liked was that the smoke lasts a long time. I love to smoke and smoking cigarette after cigarette often winds up being a less than enjoyable experience. A hookah, on the other hand has mild smoke that one can enjoy for a hell of a lot longer than one cigarette.

There is a mosquito buzzing around me right now and I can't kill it. Shite!

So anyway, smoking hookah is great. It is relaxing. The smoke tastes good and is smooth. And another cool aspect is that it is communal. So yeah, thumbs up to hookah.

After hookah time, we got a six pack and drank a few beers each. I didn't really know this guy too well before we hang out tonight, but we had a really nice conversation. I'll be happy to add him to my short list of friends. I guess that's about that. A good night was had. And I have to go to stupid shit class in eight hours. I guess I'd better get to sleep...soon.

1 comment:

M said...

a hookah? you taught me something. thank you. :-)