Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fine!

OK, fine! I'll write a damn blog entry. I actually forgot about this thing for a while. It isn't really as if I'd ever paid all that much attention to it, but I guess I lost interest during spring term of school. It seems that I can't ever really string anything mildly interesting together. Usually an entry would be something like, "I don't really have anything to say." Surely riveting material. But lately, I've been less busy than any time in the previous year and I've become increasingly agitated. Something must be done. This website isn't the answer to whatever it is that is causing me to feel poorly, but it certainly can't be one of the reasons for my feelings. That would have required me to have been posting to it at some point in the last month.

There is a dog barking/whining in some apartment in my alley. Yes, that's right, alley. I don't live on a street. A peculiarity of Eugene is that nearly every block is bisected by an alley which has addresses and lots of people living in it. I don't know if this is common in many cities, but as one who grew up in and around Portland, it is not normal for me. When I first decided to move into my apartment, I thought it was kind of shady. I've been proven both right and wrong in that regard. See, it is shady and there are lots of people who suck living around here, but there are also plenty of people who are just students or who don't sell drugs so I guess there is a balance. A ying and yang. A certain symmetrical beauty. My property management company, on the other hand, was forged from pure evil by Satan himself. I've had an unusual number of confrontations with my property management company that have left me shocked by their lack of professionalism. I won't go into the past, but rather detail the current issue.

I re-signed my lease for the next year. I decided that moving is too much of a hassle and it is much too expensive for me right now. I signed it a month ago and the new lease starts in September when my rent increases by five dollars a month. I paid my rent a week ago and the check went through just as usual. What is unusual though is that I got a 72 hour eviction notice saying that I owe them FIVE DOLLARS! Those dumb motherfuckers are threatening eviction over five dollars that I don't even owe them. What in the name of Shit do they think they are doing? I should have learned by now but it seems every once in a while they'll shock me. One thing that I'll take from my experiences with this company of morons; if the majority of the workers have perms, heavy eyeliner, and orange skin, don't rent from them.

1 comment:

sefa said...

Wow, a whole other year. My rent increased by $15 a couple of months ago. I thought the increase started in May but it wasn't until June so my manager returned my check to me and asked me to write another. Just one more way that Eugene sucks ass.