Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Year Older And Deeper In Debt

Here I am, sitting in my architecture studio with six months to go before I graduate. It is my 28th birthday. All I can think about is getting the hell out of this. I don't want to be here. I don't like what I'm doing. It is a big mess.

But things will be worse if I quit so I'm going to stay and try to make the best of it.

Here's my horoscope for today from the L.A. Times (because that's the first one I found):

Today's birthday (Jan. 22): This year shows you doing what you love. February brings important decisions that must be made quickly. March turns your world upside down, illuminating ways to do your work better, faster and cheaper. Cut ties and drop habits that don't serve you. You're richer in August. Taurus and Virgo adore you. Your lucky numbers are 18, 28, 30, 11 and 17.

I can interpret that as an imperative to continue with school. I think I will go ahead and do that.

I had coffee with my dad this morning and we talked about how I've been feeling lately. I came to the conclusion that I need to stick with school and finish strong. I need to start expecting more from myself and pushing harder toward my goals. And I need to stop fearing.

Here's another horoscope that I think I like better:


IF JANUARY 22 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: Create your dream during the year ahead. You may develop a desirable ambition or fall head over heels with a special someone this month. Keep your goals firmly in mind even if during April you are presented with setbacks or delays. During April avoid making agreements, signing contracts, or adding to your debt load. You should have clearing through the summer and in October your business expertise could land you an important job, contract or position.

No comments: