Thursday, February 03, 2005

Fucking Subject Lines

Today started out difficultly. For some reason, I couldn't get myself out of bed until the last minute. I should have rushed straight out without any but the most perfunctory grooming, but instead I made and drank coffee, read an article, availed myself of the facilities, and took a lengthy shower. I was half an hour late to class. Two people called me to make sure I was ok...and I think I am. I'm really stressed out though...like so stressed I don't know why. It isn't really as if I've lost control of my fate or anything but I feel like it. And add to the fact that I feel bad with the other fact that about five people have told me I look bad, then I feel even worse. I guess maybe I'm just lonely for genuine friendship instead of the pseudo-friendships that I currently have. I know, I know, I'll make friends, but I haven't yet. Not really. And to me, having a bunch of superficial friendships makes me kind of sad.

Fast forward to tonight.

    Here's my schedule:
  • Work
  • Architecture Project
  • Sleep (if time allows)

I signed up yesterday for thefacebook.com. It is weird, like friendster.com after a few beers, a little uncomfortably personal. Oh well, whatever wastes time without me having to think very hard. Except, why the shit should I be wasting time? I guess even super busy stressed out people need to fritter away their lives too, that is, assuming they aren't already frittering away their lives with that which with they are busy.

I can't wait for tomorrow to be over...and then the weekend to last for ten days. Sigh.

1 comment:

sefa said...

Is it really that bad? Do you know if you'll be able to come up during Spring Break for an obviously much-needed vacation?