Saturday, September 10, 2005

Changes

Change happens and it isn't always easy to deal with. It is especially difficult for me to understand and accept the changes that I have with my relationships. I accept that change is inevitable and often welcome but I don't always understand how to deal with it. I don't deal with the changes in my friendships well. I remember when I first started collegel. I had a really close friend in high school who completely got into the college experience and I felt left behind. I was jealous of his life and angry that I was "abandoned." I'm dealing with a situation like that now with a close friend. And it makes me sad. I'm grasping at anything that will keep things as they were. But I understand that they'll never be like they were and by pushing hard they will just get worse. I don't know what to do.

I'm someone who only has a few close friends and when one of those relationships changes I'm lost. I will be ok, I just hope that everything else will be.

No comments: