Thursday, September 22, 2005

New Mexico

Well, I'm here in Albuquerque, NM. Some thoughts about the city...it is brown and flat and warm and dry. At this point (not having seen much) it feels like the city is just one big suburb. So this isn't what I'd call a model of urban planning. What is interesting is that people seem to be really nice here, and not fake nice like people working at Starbucks, but genuinely nice like, well, like nothing I've quite experienced before. I'm from Portland and a lot of people who aren't from there often comment on how nice people are. I never really thought they were and now I'm convinced that they aren't. My cousin's husband is so nice. My sister and I were talking about it this morning. We were thinking he was like the cool, popular nice guy in high school who everyone including the asshole popular kids, the geeks, and the teachers liked.

I'm not sure what the plan is today. We talked about visiting Santa Fe but we'll see. Whatever happens it's sure to be a rip-snortin' good time!

2 comments:

Brokemom said...

I am from Portland also, and one thing that stands out that I MISS--the people who actually know how to drive!!!

sefa said...

Are you going to post wedding pics somewhere?