Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring Break Begins

You can tell it is spring break because of all the clouds, wind, and occaisional rain. For those of you not living in the Pacific Northwest, the two weeks prior to this were filled with sun and heat and sun! I am currently typing this on my new laptop. It isn't what anyone would call, "top of the line" but it does have a dvd player and wireless internet. What more could I possibly want? Well, besides a faster, awesomer computer. Oh well, I do have a faster, awesomer computer just sitting in boxes at my grandma's house. It will live in studio. So happy about that.

I start writing these things and then get distracted and lose whatever train of thought that I'd previously had. I went out on Friday night which was pretty fun. I sang some songs, one of which was a duet which was pretty rocking. After the karaoke bar I was pretty drunk but I was still doing ok. I went out to a couple of other places but that was pretty much the end of the night.

I hung out with my dad yesterday afternoon. That was great because, if there is one person who really gets what I'm learning and doing in school, it is definitely him. He is a scenic designer and has all kinds of designs and models he has done. When I first started architecture school, I looked at all the models and thought they were really crappy. Now I understand why I think they were so crappy, my dad's models are insanely awesome. I hadn't really seen much of his work since I started design studio but now that I have, I feel like the bar has been raised for me just in that I am seeing what one can actually do instead of just some of the crappy examples from school.

I am at my mom's right now and she's making German pancakes for breakfast. The smoke detector started going off quickly followed by the timer for the food. I'm rattled and frazzled, so I think I'll just leave things off here. I am planning to go to the art museum today. Oh yeah, and my cell phone decided to die on me. I hope that it is just glitchy and they'll be able to fix it when I go to the store. Fingers are crossed.

No comments: