Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I Must Be Bipolar

Sometimes I'll be in a great mood, then something happens that completely takes me out of it. I think that is the case right now. I am so happy about finishing my project for architecture. I did a good job. I learned a lot. But for some reason, now I'm kind of floating in the air. I don't have a lot going on, although there is work to do. I think, in a way, I may already miss studio. I will probably be regretting that statement at some point. But I think it is true. My entire life, for the last nine weeks has been structured completely around studio. And now it is gone, but everything else in my life remains the same. That everything else certainly isn't much to sustain things. Also, I'm pissed off about global warming. It is amazing weather right now. And yesterday I was walking home from the bank. While sweating, due to the heat, I saw a parked suv with a big W sticker on it. All of a sudden, my rage began to come out and become focused on that vehicle and its owner. I had the strongest urge toward vandalism I've ever had. I wanted to break the car. I wanted to smash a brick through its windshield. But I didn't. And now I'm still upset. It drives me crazy that so many people say we should do something about global warming, but nobody is willing to change anything about their lifestyles. It is true that nobody knows what will happen, but it is undeniable that the climate is changing. It should be pouring down rain right now. This is Oregon, for fuck's sake. What the hell is going on? FUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the unusual warmness and dryness in Oregon is probably due to global warming. But its really fucked up how much rain we have gotten in LA in the past couple months. It is just wrong that the total rainfall for 2005 is more for LA than Portland. I'm sure the excess rain has something to do with global warming too.