Sunday, September 26, 2004

This Better Last Me

I made a template for my blog last night but this morning, I decided that I could do better. And I think that I did, but only after many hours worth of yelling at the stupid blogger tags. It took me forever to figure them out, and I'm not 100% sure that I did. The template would look fine when it was just the template, but when I previewed it with content, one thing or another would enevitably break. And it all had to do with the <blogger> and <pageitem> tags. Eventually I figured that out but, like I said, it took me hours. Then when I narrowed it down to those things, I had to figure out why it was that the template was broken because of these. I only hope that I've finally got it. If I don't, I'll be compelled to go to it again for a long, long time. I can't be doing that. I've got school starting tomorrow. A lot of my difficulty also stems from the fact that I've limited my exposure to css. But in keeping with every other blogger, I decided to use it completely to format my page. I could have done it easily with regular html and tables, but I don't want to be a dinosaur. I guess I'm becoming an old dog though, because I had a hard time learning this new trick.

By the way, it is supposed to be a newspaper advertisement. Get it?

No comments: