Friday, September 24, 2004

College Books Are Too Expensive!

OK, so anyone who may be reading this has probably gone to at least some college, and so have I but George W. Christ, college books are too expensive! Every time I buy books for school (admittedly not a regular occurance) I am outraged at their prices. I mean, my damn womens' studies book was like 61 dollars! Tell me a book ever written by a woman that could be worth that much. Math, computer science, sure, I can understand why those books can be so pricey, but at the expense of (further) unpopularity I will put forth the assertion that I don't need a book to teach me how to hate men and love women. Let alone one that costs 61 dollars.

Umm...so anyway...I don't think I'm going to say my name because then maybe someone from my class may figure me out and then out me in front of the teacher. I think I'm already going to have a hard enough time in that class as I expect to be blamed for everything from the corporate glass ceiling to high heels to the evils of douche advertisements. Hmm...maybe I should think about taking a different class. It is obvious that I may have an issue or two.

I really am a good guy. I swear.

PS -- Non-sequitor alert: I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd say my cat was letting a neighborhood dog into the apartment to use her litter box. I know I know, gross, but those turds are huge! Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the book is $61 - pay the money, read it, memorize it - sell it back at the used book store. Then at least you won't be confused about gender issues, as you appear to be.

Anonymous said...

good lord, one day and you've got all kinds of comments. must have struck a nerve. all kinds of boys take gender studies - straight ones because they (mistakenly) think it'll help them score and not-straight ones... well, because they have gender issues. duh.

p.s. "non sequitur"