Sunday, November 12, 2006

Proud

Hi, reader. OK, I know I don't have any readers, and maybe that's a good thing. So, anyway, tonight I was hanging out at a local bar watching my beloved Ducks get slaughtered by the USC Trojans. I was enjoying myself talking to an old drunk dude when a beautiful woman walked into the bar. I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to be her everlasting partner. But I am just me. After some coaxing from one of my neighborhood bartenders I summoned the courage to say something to her.

"Excuse me," I said, "I'm sorry to interrupt but I have to tell you that you are beautiful."

Beautiful's friend chimes in, "yeah, isn't she exotic?" I said that she isn't exotic, simply beautiful. Beautiful appreciated what I said, but she was obviously not interested. That is totally OK. I had the courage to say something to a girl who is beautiful and me without any entourage. That, I think, is a big step.

No comments: