Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just One Month to Go!

Well, here I am. About done with my third year of school and my last year in Eugene. In a month and two days I'll be out of here. Difficult to imagine. What's even more difficult to imagine is the idea that I'll actually miss it here. Not so much that I'll wish I could be back but I will miss certain things. Low rent. School friends. That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment but I know there will be things that blindside me. Like I said, difficult to imagine.

I'm looking for apartments on craigslist.com and so far have found some potential leads. Even one building that I used to live in seven years ago. Yowza! I should be able to find a decent enough place that I can afford. I just have to get used to small. Along those lines, I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I am thinking about organizing a little sale as I have far too many things and even now not enough space to hold them. I can only imagine how little space I'll have when I finally move into my new apartment. But getting rid of things is good. I certainly don't need everything that I own. TV, DVD player, VCR...all that stuff is pretty much obsolete. I have a computer, why could I possibly still require a TV? Of course, that brings up the question of whether or not anyone ever requires a TV, but I'm thinking much more practically than theoretically.

So this is it. This is what I've been wanting for the last two and a half years. Better make it happen!

No comments: